![]() |
|
instant updates check out entries Friday, July 10, 2009 I took a half-day leave. I could have taken a full day leave but oh well, My sups are waiting for my weekly report (have to submit by noon). I crapped it out because there was nothing much to write... Just for today, I wanted every minute to go by faster than usual. I was too eager to meet them. Terror crawls in around 10am when everyone was absorbed in our own tasks. The computer screen went blank all of a sudden, then the ceiling lights. It was pitch dark until seconds later the emergency lamps are activated. This spells a BLACKOUT! There are very few things I am utterly afraid of, darkness ranks top on my chart. Zi thought the whole room turns to cosy mode, while I was so freak out and wanted to scream! Having some fresh air was a better option, so I leave the container for a while. (You must be laughing by now; seriously I got nothing to be ashamed of) Darkness fills the room I went back in. Still, I was startled by some sudden flashback. Everyone started chatting so it was less scary. The always-missing manager came back too (what a timing), And shared his live shooting experience in India while serving NS. You will be amused by how much our government is spending on the Military. I thought the blackout was a big woo-ha, In fact, it happens almost every month! No wonder all the staff here was so calm. I dont quite remember how the day was spent after that, but surely it went by very quickly. I left the container a little later than noon, And met a cross-racial family on my way, Her father is Malay and her mother, a Chinese. That explains why their daughter speaks good English. She was speaking at the top of her voice, Totally thrilled to tell her parents she is turning 5 years old. Instead of asking for a present, She promised to buy her mother 5 sets of cosmetics and for her dad 5 Songkok. Her parents simply smile. Did I promise something similar to my parents too? Even if I did, I cannot recall at all. I would be touched if I am a parent too. I would not expect anything materialistic from a child, It is the thought that matters, Because this is one of the most genuine gifts you can ever get. ... ... ... I met up with Audrey, Geok and Vivien at Clarke Quay Station while Vincent joined us later. We had Manhatten Fish Market for lunch! People please drool! The food was good (better than fish n co) but the waiting time sucks. I just love the fact that we are ridiculously noisy! Two makes a classroom. Three makes a wet market. Four and more makes… you would not want to imagine that! We were yanking away at the top of our voices, Especially where the restaurant was quite empty since the lunch crowd has gone. We took lots of photos before we leave the Central. Our jump shot in front of Singapore River was the best. We were beautiful captured in mid air despite using self-portrait mode! Many thanks to Vincent who caught the timing well! We could have spend more time at Central (and take more photos!), But I was called back for a briefing. I was late so we cab back to school from Dover MRT. The driver almost missed a few turns in NP, simply because we were too noisy! The girls were talking loudly while I gave directions to LT51. Due to the noise, he says he could not tell what left from right! Amazing right? We are destructive! When we reach home, we gathered strength and became noisier! Of course, we took many groups photos before the event started. Overall, the AGM was good. It was even better after the event when I (kind of) took over as emcee. I was trying to ra-ra the 5th committee to sit down, Little I expect the 6th committee to settle down as well. So they join us to watch. The video received greater responds than I expected! Everyone loved it! Good thing the music did not tamper the video's mood! So many classic events were mentioned and presented again LIVE! In fact, some were politics. They turned out to be funny reminiscences that brought us no tension! I laughed until my throat damn dry lah! I do wonder if the 6th committee understands what was going on. Nevertheless, the AGM ended with a high note! You know, there are times where you say: I should have done this so… For once, I leave an event was no regrets! After which, we had dinner at Clementi Ave 2 and Ice Cream in the neighborhood! It was a great day spent! (You can totally tell from the length of this post) I have not in such high spirits for a long time! Thank You, MDES 5th Management Committee! I love you guys! I would make a collage when I have the time. Meanwhile, check out the photos at FB!
|
please note best view in mozilla firefox if you found yourself taking a longer time to view my blog, click the refresh buttom again after entering the url, the content will appear almost immediately profile Joanne Chua 19890913 Muddle-headed Often hibernates on Sunday Hougang Secondary School Ngee Ann Polytechnic (BQPE Year 3) affiliate missyhappygolucky messages your tags are precious to me so leave a message before you go archives September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 April 2010 credits reminiscenceslove |